40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Wed Aug 15 17:23:22 2012, jamie, Update, CDS, front end IOP models changed to reflect actual physical hardware 
    Reply  Thu Oct 11 11:57:40 2012, jamie, Update, CDS, all IOP models rebuild, install, restarted to reflect fixed ADC/DAC layouts 
Message ID: 7529     Entry time: Thu Oct 11 11:57:40 2012     In reply to: 7197
Author: jamie 
Type: Update 
Category: CDS 
Subject: all IOP models rebuild, install, restarted to reflect fixed ADC/DAC layouts 

Quote:

As Rolf pointed out when he was here yesterday, all of our IOPs are filled with parts for ADCs and DACs that don't actually exist in the system.  This was causing needless module error messages and IOP GDS screens that were full of red indicators.  All the IOP models were identically stuffed with 9 ADC parts, 8 DAC parts, and 4 BO parts, even though none of the actual front end IO chassis had physical configurations even remotely like that.  This was probably not causing any particular malfunctions, but it's not right nonetheless.

I went through each IOP, c1x0{1-5}, and changed them to reflect the actual physical hardware in those systems.  I have committed these changes to the svn, but I haven't rebuilt the models yet.  I'll need to be able to restart all models to test the changes, so I'm going to wait until we have a quiet time, probably next week.

I finally got around to rebuilding, installing, and restarting all the IOP models.  Everything went smoothly.  I had to restart all the models on all the screens, but everything seemed to come back up fine.  We now have many fewer dmesg error messages, and the GDS_TP screens are cleaner and don't have a bunch of needless red.

A frame builder restart was also required, due to name changes in unused (but unfortunately still needed) channels in the IOP.

ELOG V3.1.3-