40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Message ID: 7063     Entry time: Wed Aug 1 10:07:16 2012
Author: Liz 
Type: Update 
Category: Computer Scripts / Programs 
Subject: Week 7 Update 

Over the past week, I have continued refining the summary pages.  They are now online in their final home, and can be easily accessed from the 40 meter Wiki page!  (It can be accessed by the Daily Summary link under "LOGS").  I have one final section to add plots to (the IFO section is currently still only "dummy" plots) but the rest are showing correct data!  I have many edits to make in order for them to be more intelligible, but they are available for browsing if anyone feels so inclined.

I also spent quite a while formatting the pages so that the days are in PDT time instead of UTC time.  This process was quite time consuming and required modifications in several files, but I tracked my changes with git so they are easy to pinpoint.  I also did a bit of css editing and rewriting of a few html generation functions so that the website is more appealing.  (One example of this is that the graphs on each individual summary page are now full sized instead of a third of the size.

This week, I also worked with the BLRMS mic channels I made.  I edited the band pass and low pass filters that I had created last week and made coherence plots of the channels.  I encountered two major issues while doing this.  Firstly, the coherence of the channels decreases dramatically above 40 Hz.  I will look at this more today, but am wondering why it is the case.  If nothing could be done about this, it would render three of my channels ineffective.  The other issue is that the Nyquist frequency is at 1000 Hz, which is the upper limit of my highest frequency channel (300-1000 Hz).  I am not sure if this really affects the channel, but it looks very different from all of the other channels.  I am also wondering whether the channels below 20 Hz are useful at all, or whether they are just showing noise.

The microphone calibration has been something I have been trying to figure out for quite some time, but I recently found a value on the website that makes the EM172 microphones and has a value for their sensitivity.  I determined the transfer factor from this sensitivity as 39.8107 mV/Pa, although I am not sure if all of the mics will be consistent with this.

ELOG V3.1.3-