[Koji, Jenne, Yuta]
We put phase tracker in FINE loop for ALS. We checked it works, and we scanned Y arm by sweeping the phase of the I-Q rotator.
From the 8 FSR scan using FINE (30 m delay line), we derived that Y arm finesse is 421 +/- 6.
What we did:
1. We made new phase rotator because current cdsWfsPhase in CDS_PARTS doesn't have phase input. We want to control phase. New phase rotator currently lives in /opt/rtcds/userapps/trunk/isc/c1/models/PHASEROT.mdl. I checked that this works by sweeping the phase input and monitoring the IQ outputs.
2. We made a phase tracker (/opt/rtcds/userapps/trunk/isc/c1/models/IQLOCK.mdl) and included in c1gcv model. Unit delay is for making a feed back inside the digital system. Currently it is used only for BEATY_FINE (Simulink diagram below). We edited MEDM screens a little accordingly.
3. Phase tracking loop has UGF ~ 1.2 kHz, phase margin ~50 deg. They are enough becuase ALS loop has UGF ~ 100 Hz. To control phase tracking loop, use filter module C1:ALS-BEATY_FINE_PHASE (with gain 100). Sometimes, phase tracking loop has large offset because of the integrator and freedom of 360*n in the loop. To relief this, use "CLEAR HISTORY."
4. Locked Y arm using C1:ALS-BEATY_FINE_PHASE_OUT as an error signal. It worked perfectly and UGF was ~ 90 Hz with gain -8 in C1:ALS-YARM filter module.
5. Swept phase input to the new phase rotator using excitation point in filter module C1:ALS-BEATY_FINE_OFFSET. Below is the result from this scan. As you can see, we are able to scan for more than the linear range of FINE_I_IN1 signal. We need this extra OFFSET module for scanning because BEATY_FINE_I_ERR stays 0 in the phase tracking loop, and also, error signal for ALS, output of PHASE module, stays 0 in ALS loop.
6. We analyzed the data from 8FSR scan by FINE with phase tracker using analyzemodescan.py (below). We got Y arm finesse to be 421 +/- 6 (error in 1 sigma). I think the error for the finesse measurement improved because we could done more linear sweep using phase tracker.
Next things to do:
- Phase tracker works amazingly. Maybe we don't need COARSE any more.
- Install it to X arm and do ALS for both arms.
- From the series of mode scan we did, mode matching to the arm is OK. There must be something wrong in the PRC, not the input beam. Look into PRC mode matching using video capture and measuring beam size.