I lined up the Y Arm for locking and then centered the oplevs for ETMY and ITMY.
* The ITMY OL has still got the old style laser. Steve, pleaes swap this one for a HeNe. Also the optical layout seems strange: there are two copies of the laser beam going into the chamber (??). Also, the QPD transimpedance needs to be increase by a factor of ~10. We're only getting ~500 counts per quadrant. Its worth it for someone to re-examine the whole ITMY OL beam layout.
* The ETMY OL beam was coming out but clipping on the mount for the ETMY OL HeNe. This indicates a failure on our part to do the ETMY closeout alignment properly. In fact, I get the feeling from looking around that we overlooked aligning the OL and IPPOS/ANG beams this time. If we're unlucky this could cause us to vent again. I undid part of the laser mount and changed the height on the receiving mirror to get the beam back onto the QPD.
I noticed that there is significant green light now getting into some of the IR PDs; beacuse of this there are weird offsets in the TRY QPD and perhaps elsewhere. We had better purchase some filters to tape over the front of the sensitive IR sensors to prevent the couplling from the green laser.
* There is a beam on IPPOS, but its too big for the detector (this has always been the case). We need to put a 2" lens with a weak focusing power on this path so as to halve the beam size on the detector. Right now its clipping and misleading. There is also a 0.9V offset on the SUM signal. I'm not sure if this readout is working at all.
* I couldn't find any beam on IPANG at all. Not sure what's changed since Kiwamu saw it.
Old Coherent diode laser was replaced by Uniphase HE/NE 1125P at ITMX.
Newport 10B20NC.1 broadband beam sampler set up as beamspitter to dump 90% of the light into beam trap. Beam in to test mass 0.7 mW , returning to qpd 0.07 mW = ~ 3,700 counts
f 1.5 m lens placed into ingoing beam path to reduce the spot size on the qpd. ITMY oplev will be done in this manner tomorrow.
* IP-ANG is lost with the Piezo Jena PS
* IP-POS cable have to be found at the LSC rack