After Steve pointed out the 'deep hoop' issue, we decided to examine putting an RF Amp on the PSL table, between the RF combiner and the triple resonant box.
This will reduce the chances of standing waves in the cables and reduce the radiation induced pick-up in the RF PD and Demod electronics.
We would like to send ~10 dBm from the distribution box to the combiner. We also want to able to get as much as ~33 dBm of drive at 11 and 55 MHz. So the amp should have a gain of ~20-30 dB and an operating range of 10-100 MHz.
Also desirable are low distortion (high IP3) and good reverse isolation ( > 40 dB).
Some possibilities so far (please add your RF Google Results here):
1) Mini-Circuits ZHL-1-2W-S: G = +32 dB, Max Out = +33 dBm, NF = 6 dB, Directivity = 25 dB
2) Mini-Circuits TIA-1000-1R8: G=+40 dB, Max Out = +36 dBm, NF = 15 dB (AC Powered, Inst. Amp), Directivity = 58 dB.
3) Mini-Circuits ZHL-2-8: G = +27dB, Max out = +29 dBm, NF = 6dB, Directivity = 32 dB
4) RFbay MPA-10-40: G = +40dB, Max Out = + 30 dBm, NF = 3.3 dB, Rev Iso = 23 dB
5) No proper stuff from Teledyne Couger