1) To see if there are significant dark-offsets on the WFS sensors we closed the PSL shutter and found that the offsets are in the 1% range. We decided to ignore them for now.
2) To center the MC_REFL beam on the WFS we opened the PSL shutter, unlocked the MC and then centered the DC_PIT and DC_YAW signals in the C1IOO_WFS_QPD screen.
3) We then looked at the power spectrum of the I and Q signals from WFS1 to see if the spectrum looked okay and found that some of the quadrants looked very different from others. The reason was traced to incorrect Comb60 filters. After correcting these filters we adjusted the R phase angle in the WFS1_SETTINGS screen to suppress the 1Hz natural oscillation signal in the Q channels of all the four quadrants. We repeated this process for WFS2
4) To see if the relative phase of all four quadrants was correct we first drove the MC_length and tried to check the phase of the response on each quadrant. However the response was very weak as the signal was suppressed by the MC servo. Increasing the drive made the PMC lock unstable. So we introduced a 6Hz, 50mVpp signal from an SR785 into the MC_servo (Input2) and with this we were able to excite a significant response in the WFS without affecting the PMC servo. By looking at the time series of the signals from the quadrants we set the R phase angle in WFS_Settings such that all the quadrants showed the same phase response to the MC_length modulation.
Using the larger response were were able to further tweak the R angle to supress the Q channels to about 1% of the I phase signals.
5) I then edited the c1ioo.mdl so that we can use the six lockins just as they are used in MC_ASS. However we can now set elements of the SEN_DMD_MATRX (sensor demod matrix) to select any of the MCL, WFS PIT and YAW channels (or a linear combination of them) for demodulation. The change is shown below. While compiling and model on C1IOO FE machine there were problems which eventually led to the FB crash.