Adjustment of the PRM OSEMs are done. The coils turned out to be healthy.
The malfunction was fixed. It was because the UL OSEM was too deeply inserted and barely touching the AR surface of the mirror.
+ Excited POS at 6.5 Hz with an amplitude of 3000 cnts by the LOCKIN oscillator.
+ Looked at the signal of each sensor in frequency domain.
+ Maximized the excitation peak for each of the four face OSEMs by rotating them.
+ Minimized the excitation peak in the SIDE signal by rotating it.
+ Adjusted the OSEM translational position so that they are in the midpoint of the OSEM range.
(POS sensitivity check)
From the view point of the matrix inversion, one thing we want to have is the equally sensitive face sensors and insensitive SIDE OSEM to the POS motion.
To check the success level of today's PRM adjusment, I ran swept sine measurements to take the transfer function from POS to each sensor.
The plots below are the results. The first figure is the one measured before the adjustment and the second plot is the one after the adjustment.
As shown in the plot, before the adjustment the sensitivity of OSEMs were very different and the SIDE OSEM is quite sensitive to the POS motion.
So PRM used be in an extremely bad situation.
After the adjustment, the plot became much better.
The four face sensors have almost the same sensitivity (within factor of 3) and the SIDE is quite insensitive to the POS motion.
We tried adjusting the OSEMs on PRM, but we didn't complete it due to a malfunction on the coils.
The UL and LL coils are not working correctly, the forces are weak.