I changed optics in the ETMX transmon path to remove clipping (which made a false QPD signal).
During the weekend I found that there was an offset in X arm c1ass pitch servo, which derives the signal by demodulating the arm cavity power, coming from the beam clipping in the transmon path.
The clipping was on the pair of the 1" mirrors that steer the beam after the 2" lens (see attached picture). The beam is about 5-6 mm in diameter at this distance from the lens and was not well centered.
I moved the steering mirrors downstream by about 8" where the beam is about 2-3 mm (the attached picture shows the mirrors in the new location). The Y arm layout is different from X arm and I didn't find any obvious clipping in transmon path.
The max X arm buildup went up from 1.3 to 1.5. I changed the TRX gain from -0.003 to -0.002 to obtain the normalized X arm power of 1 in this state. The MC refl DC is 1.6 out of 4.9 V and the Y arm buildup is ~0.9 so the TRX(Y) gains will have to be adjusted once the MC visibility is maximized.