[Joe, Jamie, Alex]
I asked Alex which cron to use (dcron? frcron?). He promptly did the following:
rc-update add dcron default
Copied the wiper.pl script from LLO to /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/target/fb/
At that point, I modified wiper.pl script to reduce to 95% instead of 99.7%.
I added controls to the cron group on fb:
sudo gpasswd -a controls cron
I then added the wiper.pl to the crontab as the following line using crontab -e.
0 6 * * * /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/target/fb/wiper.pl --delete &> /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/target/fb/wiper.log
Note, placing backups on the /frames raid array will break this script, because it compares the amount in the /frames/full/, /frames/trends/minutes, and /frames/trends/seconds to the total capacity.
Apparently, we had backups from September 27th, 2010 and March 22nd, 2011. These would have broken the script in any case.
We are currently removing these backups, as they are redundant data, and we have rsync'd backups of the frames and trends. We should now have approximately twice the lookback of full frames.