40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Message ID: 4344     Entry time: Wed Feb 23 11:53:30 2011
Author: josephb 
Type: Update 
Category: CDS 
Subject: Updated mx drivers 

Alex and I updated the open mx drivers from 1.3.3 to 1.3.901 (1.4 release candidate).  We downloaded the drivers from: http://open-mx.gforge.inria.fr/

We put them in /root/open-mx-1.3.901 on the fb machine (and thus get mounted by all the front ends.).  We did configure and make and make install.

We did a quick check with /opt/mx/bin/mx_info on the fb machine at this point and realized the MAC addresses and host names were all messed up, including two listings for c1iscex with different mac addresses (neither of which was c1iscex).

We then brought all the front ends mx_streams down, brought the fb down, then cleared all the peer names with mx_hostname.  We then brought the fb up, and the front end mx_stream processes.

/opt/mx/mx_info now shows a clean and correct set of hostnames and mac addresses.  Testpoints and trends are working.

ELOG V3.1.3-