The Distribution box is several steps nearer to completion.
1) Soldered capacitors and DC power lines for four units of the distribution box.
2) mounted all the components in their respective places.
3) Tomorrow we prepare the RF cables and that is the last step of the mechanical assembly.
4) we plan to test both the generator and distributon parts together.
Kevin took a transfer function of the newly assembled PD and noticed that the frequency has shifted to 14.99 freom 11. MHz.
We needed to find the current RLC combination. So we removed the ferrite core from L5 rendiring it to its aircore value of 0.96/muH. We then used this to find the Capacitance of the PD (117pF)
We used this value to compute the inductance required to achieve 11.065MHz which turned out to be 1.75microH.
This was not reachable with the current L5 which is of the type 143-20J12L (nominal H=1.4 micro Henry).
We therefore changed the inductor to SLOT 10 -3-03. It is a ferrite core, shielded inductor with a plasitc sleeve. Its nomial valie is 1.75 microH
We then tested the DC output to see if here is a response to light. There was nonel. l
The problem was traced to the new inductor. Surprisingly the inductor coil had lost contact with the pins.
I then replacd the inductor and checked again. The elecronics seems to work okay.. but there is a very small signal 0.8mV for 500microW.
There seems to be still something wrong with the PD or its electronics.