[Joe, Suresh, Kiwamu]
We will fully install and run the new C1LSC front end machine tomorrow.
And finally it is going to take care of the IOO PZT mirrors as well as LSC codes.
During the in-vac work today, we tried to energize and adjust the PZT mirrors to their midpoints.
However it turned out that C1ASC, which controls the voltage applying on the PZT mirrors, were not running.
We tried rebooting C1ASC by keying the crate but it didn't come back.
The error message we got in telnet was :
memory init failure !!
We discussed how to control the PZT mirrors from point of view of both short term and long term operation.
We decided to quit using C1ASC and use new C1LSC instead.
A good thing of this action is that, this work will bring the CDS closer to the final configuration.
(things to do)
- move C1LSC to the proper rack (1X4).
- pull out the stuff associated with C1ASC from the 1Y3 rack.
- install an IO chasis to the 1Y3 rack.
- string a fiber from C1LSC to the IO chasis.
- timing cable (?)
- configure C1LSC for Gentoo
- run a simple model to check the health
- build a model for controlling the PZT mirrors