(Joe, Suresh, Yuta)
Currently, only 2 ADC cards work on c1sus machine.
No QPD inputs(e.g. MC2 trans), and no RFM.
We wanted to have PEM(physical environment montor) channels, so we moved a ADC card in c1sus machine.
It ended up with destroying one of the 3 ADCs.
What we did:
1. Moved ADC card at PCIe expansion board slot 0 to other empty slot.
What we call PCI slot 0 was "DO NOT USE" in LIGO-T10005230-v1, so we moved it.
2. Connected that ADC card to PEM channel box at 1X7 via SCSI cable.
3. ADC card order is changed, so we checked ADC number assinging and re-labeled the cable.
4. Found RFM is not working(c1sus and c1ioo not talking) and fb is in a weird state(Status: 0x4000 in GDS screens)
5. Swapped the cabling so that ADC card 0 will be connected to timing interface card at slot1, but didn't help.
More than that, we suffered ADC timeout.
6. Tried ADC card swapping, slot position changing, taking out some of the ADC cards, etc.
We found that ADC timeout doesn't happen with 2 ADC cards.
But if we connect one of the ADC card to the timing interface card at slot 8, c1sus ADC timeouts with 2 ADC cards, too.
So, I think that timing interface card is bad.
7. Stopped rebooting c1sus again and again. We decided to investigate the problem tomorrow.
We only need ADC card 0 and 1 for MC damping.(see this wiki page)
ADC card 0: all UL/UR/LR/LL SENs
ADC card 1: all SD SENs
ADC card 2: all QPDs
We can damp optics and lock MC.
We can't do A2L because RFM is not working.
We can't see MC2 trans because we currently don't have ADC card 2.