40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Message ID: 390     Entry time: Fri Mar 21 17:01:21 2008
Author: rana 
Type: Configuration 
Category: DMF 
Subject: Locale change on Mafalda & seisBLRMS restart 
Ever since we moved the accelerometers to be around the MC and changed their names, the seisBLRMS
has not been working. I tried to restart it today after fixing the channel names in the par file
but I ran into a PERL / UBUNTU bug.
perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
        LANGUAGE = (unset),
        LC_ALL = (unset),
        LC_TIME = "en_US.ISO8859-1",
        LC_MONETARY = "en_US.ISO8859-1",
        LC_CTYPE = "en_US.ISO8859-1",
        LC_COLLATE = "en_US.ISO8859-1",
        LC_MESSAGES = "C",
        LC_NUMERIC = "en_US.ISO8859-1",
        LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
    are supported and installed on your system.
perl: warning: Falling back to the standard locale ("C").

I don't know how this crept up or when it started. There were a bunch of fixes on the Ubuntu
forums which didn't work.

In the end I just set the 'unset' environment variables via our cshrc.40m file and this seemed
to make ligotools/perl happy. Lets hope this lasts...I love Linux.
ELOG V3.1.3-