We need MC to be locked soon, so MC suspensions should be damped well(Q~5).
What I did:
1. Set the correct filters and turn all the damping servo on.
2. Kick the optics by adding some offset into the control loop.
3. Measure the Q-value of the ringdown with my eye.
4. If Q-value seems to be around 5, go to step #5. If not, change the filter gain and go to step #2.
5. Done! Do step #1-4 for all MCs.
All parameters I used for the servo are automatically saved here;
Q-values of the damping servo for all MCs are set to around 5.
Attached is the ringdown of MC2 for example.
As you can see, my eye was very rough......
- Make a script that does steps #2-5 automatically.
I need pyNDS module installed to get data using Python.
I already wrote the rest of the script.
We'll have Leo help us install pyNDS tomorrow.