While working on a test stand at LLO, I've discovered that there's a new update to the Real Time Code Generator that breaks virtually all of our current models.
Previously, we've been using the cdsIPCx part as a flexible link between models, and could be set to RFM (reflected memory), SHMEM (shared memory on the local computer), or PCIE (pci express or dolphin I think) depending on what was written in the IPC file (found in /cvs/cds/caltech/chans/ipc/C1.ipc).
Recently, three new parts were added called cdsIPCx_SHMEM, cdsIPCx_RFM, cdsIPCx_PCIE, and the previous cdsIPCx broken. The cdsIPCx_***** has to match the type written in the IPC file or else it errors out with a rather unhelpful error message which doesn't tell you which part/line is in conflict...
***ERROR: IPCx type mis-match: I vs. ISHM
make: *** [g1lsc] Error 255
In anycase, when using a current checkout (updated or checked out after ~July 30th), all cdsIPCx blocks in the simulink models needs to be changed to the approriate type. I'm trying to get a new CDS_PARTS.mdl file I updated into the svn, but for now you can just open up the model file directly in the /advLigoRTS/src/epics/simLink/lib directory and copy it in from there (i.e. cdsIPCx_SHMEM.mdl) to your model file. I'm also trying to get the feCodeGen.pl file changed so the error message actually tells you what channel/part is mismatching so you don't have to guess.
An easy way to modify a file for all shared memory connections without doing a ton of cutting, pasting and renaming is:
sed -i 's/"cdsIPCx"/"cdsIPCx_SHMEM"/g' file_name_here.mdl