Rana and I
1) took the temperature sensors off the reference cavity;
2) wrapped copper foil around the cavity (during which I learned it is REALLY easy to cut hands with the foil);
3) wrapped electrical tape around the power terminals of the temperature sensors (color-coded, too! Red for the out of loop sensor, Blue for the first one, Brown for the second, Gray for the third, and Violet for the fourth. Yes, we went with an alphabetical coding system, excluding the out of loop sensor);
4) re-wrapped the thermal blanket heater;
5) covered the ends of the cavities with copper, ensuring that the beam can enter and exit;
6) took pretty pictures for your enjoyment!
We will see if this helps the temperature stabilization of the reference cavity.
The end of the reference cavity, with a lovely square around the beam.
The entire, well-wrapped reference cavity!