Wednesday Morning E-log :
Most of the time through this week, i was working towards making the simulink model work.
It involved learning simulink functions better, and also improving on the knowledge of control theory in general, and control theory of our system.
1. Thusrday : found tfs for the feedback loop. and tried many different filters and gains to stabilize the system (using the transient response of the system). - not through
2. Friday : decided to use error response and nullify the steady state error instead of looking at convergence of output. tried many other filter functions for that.
Rana then showed me his files for WFS.
3. Sunday - played with rana's files, learnt how to club simluink with matlab, and also about how to plot tfs using bode plots in matlab.
4. Monday : Read about state-space models, and also how to linearize in matlab. done with the latter, but the former still needs deeper understanding.
read ray-optics theory to calculate the geometric sensing matrix.
It first requires to calculate the eigen mode of the cavity with tilted mirrors. this eigen mode is needed to be found out using ray-optics transfer matrices for the optics involved . figured out matrices for the tilted plane mirrors, and am working on computing the same for MC2.
5. Tuesday : went to Universal Studios , Hollywood :P
6. Wednesday (today) : Writing the report to be submitted to SFP.