40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Message ID: 2299     Entry time: Thu Nov 19 09:55:41 2009
Author: josephb 
Type: Update 
Category: Computers 
Subject: Trying to get testpoints on megatron 

This is a continuation from last night, where Peter, Koji, and I were trying to get test point channels working on megatron and with the TST module.

Things we noticed last night:

We could run starttst, and ./daqd -c daqdrc, which allowed us to get some channels in dataviewer.  The default 1k channel selection works, but none of the testpoints do. 

However, awgtpman -s tst does appear in the processes running list.

The error we get from dataviewer is:

Server error 861: unable to create thread
Server error 23328: unknown error
datasrv: DataWriteRealtime failed: daq_send: Illegal seek

Going to DTT, it starts with no errors in this configuration.  Initially it listed both MDC and TST channels.  However, as a test, I moved the tpchn_C4.par , tpchn_M4.par and tpchn_M5.par files to the directory backup, in /cvs/cds/caltech/target/gds/param.  This caused only the TST channels to show up (which is what we want when not running the mdc module.

We had changed the daqdrc file in /cvs/cds/caltech/target/fb, several times to get to this state.  According to the directions in the RCG manual written by Rolf, we're supposed to "set cit_40m=1" in the daqdrc file, but it was commented out.  However, when we uncommented it, it started causing errors on dtt startup, so we put it back.  We also tried adding lines:

set dcu_rate 13 = 16384;
set dcu_rate 14 = 16384;

But this didn't seem to help.  The reason we did this is we noticed dcuid = 13 and dcuid = 14 in the /cvs/cds/caltech/target/gds/param/tpchn_C1.par file.  We also edited the testpoint.par file so that it correctly corresponded to the tst module, and not the mdc and mdp modules.  We basically set:

[C-node1]
hostname=192.168.1.2
system=tst

in that file, and commented everything else out.

At this point, given all the things we've changed, I'm going to try a rebuild of the tst and daq and see if that solves things.

 

ELOG V3.1.3-