Not logged in
Wed Dec 12 22:24:48 2007
I poked at the weather station briefly this evening.
* There's almost nothing in the elog about it.
* It exists. It is located on the North wall, just north of the beam splitter.
* It seems to be displaying reasonable data for the indoors, but nothing for the outdoor sensors.
* c1pem didn't seem to be starting up (couldn't telnet into it, etc). I altered its startup file and reset it several times, and eventually it came to life.
* the weather station has a serial cable that goes all the way to c1pem. I plugged it in.
* however, the Weather.st program complains "NO COMM"--it gets no data from the weather station
* The next thing to do is to plug in a laptop to that serial cable and see if the weather station can be convinced to talk.