I wanted to check what's wrong with the WFS.
I played with MC2 misalignment to check the error signals.
MC2 pitch and yaw misalignment optically produce a vertical translation and horizontal rotation of the cavity axis at the waist, respectively. So it is thought to be a more separated excitation of the cavity axis.
Then I noticed that WFS2 error signals in general has high (~100%) pitch-yaw coupling. So it was suspicious.
I went to the rack and found that WFS2 SEG4 RF input (labeled "8") was not completely inserted. (Attachment 1)
It seemed that the LEMO connector or the receptacle didn't latch properly anymore and could be easily pulled.
I gave some elbow grease to fix this but in vain. I ended up to use LEMO-BNC adapters which somehow offered a robust connection.
Desipite the insightful discovery, this was not the intrinsic solution to the issue. I checked the past signal history, but I don't think this loose connection caused the missing signal.
Next, I needed to go a bit deeper. The WFS sensors are supposed to be adjusted to I phase where the PDH signal maximally shows up. And all the segments are supposed to have the same sign in terms of the PDH signal.
I've unlocked the IMC and turned on MC2 tickling. This swept the cavity over the resonances.
WFS1 SEG1I~3I showed about the same waveform, but SEG4 Q shows the PDH signal rather than SEG 4 I.
Then tried the same test for WFS2. The SEG4 I signal has the sign-flipped PDH signal compared to WFS2 SEG1I-SEG3I.
I quickly adjusted the demod phase of WFS1 SEG4 and WFS2 SEG4 to correct them,
WFS1 SEG4 103.9-> -20
WFS1 SEG4 -58 -> 120
This in fact made the pitch and yaw separated but flipped (Pitch signal shows up in WFS1Y and yaw signal shows up in WFS1P. Same for WFS2)
These modifications were reverted upon my leaving.
Now things are much more subtle now. And I need to do a more careful quantitative analysis of the demodulation phases / input matrix / output matrix.
Note: It seems that I had worked on IMCWFS on Dec 21, 2016