Jordan recieved the new tip seal Friday afternoon and I continued the replacement process in the morning. Finishing up, we proceeded to test the pump in the Clean and Bake room. The pump's pressure lowered to 110 mTorr, and we continue pumping so the seal can recieve a good fitting.
Update: We have confirmed the pump is working great and have reinstalled this back into the vacuum system. Note: The same O-Rings were used.
While the pumpspool is vented, I thought it would be a convenient time to change out the tip seal on the TP3 forepump. This one had not been changed since 2018, so as preventative maintence I had JC remove the pump and begin cleaning/installing the new tip seal.
Unfortunately the tip seal broke, but I have ordered another. We should have this pump ready to go late next week. If one is needed sooner, there is a spare IDP 7 pump we can install as the TP3 forepump.