40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Wed Apr 15 17:11:37 2009, Jenne, Update, PSL, Edited c1psl.db to calibrate PMC's LO mon 
    Reply  Thu Apr 16 11:17:56 2009, Jenne, Update, PSL, Edited c1psl.db to calibrate PMC's LO mon 
Message ID: 1487     Entry time: Wed Apr 15 17:11:37 2009     Reply to this: 1488
Author: Jenne 
Type: Update 
Category: PSL 
Subject: Edited c1psl.db to calibrate PMC's LO mon 


Following the method in Peter's Elog, 

I edited c1psl.db to include the following: 


grecord(calc, "C1:PSL-PMC_LOCALC")
{
        field(INPB,"C1:PSL-PMC_LODET")
        field(SCAN,".1 second")
        field(PREC,"4")
        field(CALC,".955*LOGE(B)-17.11")
}

 

I restarted c1psl (had to go hit the physical reset button since it didn't come back after telnet-ing and "reboot"ing) to make this take effect.

Next step is to tell the PMC screen to look at this _LOCALC rather than _LODET, and the screen will be calibrated into dBm. 

Right now, the screen is as it always has been, because after relooking at the calibration, I no longer believe it.  This calibration claimes -19dBm for an LOmon value of 0.1200, when I actually measured +16dBm for this LOmon value.  So I've screwed something up in doing my MatLAB calibration.  I'll fix it tomorrow, and put in the correct calibration before I change the PMC screen.

 

RefCav, PMC, MC are all back and locked after my shenanigans. 

ELOG V3.1.3-