40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Tue Jul 16 16:00:01 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, c1iscaux Supermicro setup IMG_7769.JPG
    Reply  Wed Jul 17 21:22:41 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, CM board Latch Enable subtlety 
       Reply  Sun Jul 21 12:55:38 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, CM board Latch Enable test script LatchLogic.pdfLatchLogicTest.png
          Reply  Fri Aug 9 08:59:04 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, Prep for install of c1iscaux 
             Reply  Sun Aug 11 11:47:42 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, Bench test of c1iscaux 
                Reply  Mon Aug 12 17:36:04 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, More bench test of c1iscaux iscauxCheclist.pdf
                   Reply  Mon Aug 12 21:25:19 2019, Koji, Update, CDS, More bench test of c1iscaux 
                   Reply  Tue Aug 13 08:07:09 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, P1--->P2 
                      Reply  Tue Aug 13 14:36:17 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, P1--->P2 
                   Reply  Fri Aug 16 16:40:04 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, 1Y3 work newLook1Y3.JPGIMG_7803.JPGc1lsc_crashed.png
                      Reply  Sat Aug 17 16:49:23 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, More 1Y3 work Screen_Shot_2019-08-17_at_3.00.57_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2019-08-17_at_3.12.23_PM.pngIMG_7804.JPGScreenshot_from_2019-08-17_17-04-47.png
                         Reply  Mon Aug 19 14:36:21 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, c1iscaux remaining work caseForSmallerFootprint.pdf
                            Reply  Tue Aug 20 19:05:24 2019, Koji, Update, CDS, MC1 (and MC3) troubleshoot Screenshot_from_2019-08-20_17-26-01.pngScreenshot_from_2019-08-20_17-43-03.png
                               Reply  Thu Aug 22 12:54:06 2019, Koji, Update, CDS, MC1 glitch removed (for now) and IMC locking recovered 7x
                                  Reply  Thu Aug 22 20:56:51 2019, Koji, Update, CDS, MC1 glitch removed (for now) and IMC locking recovered 
                            Reply  Fri Aug 23 18:46:17 2019, Jon, Update, CDS, c1iscaux remaining work 
                               Reply  Sun Aug 25 14:18:08 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, c1iscaux remaining work Screen_Shot_2019-08-25_at_10.38.37_PM.png
    Reply  Thu Jul 18 10:46:04 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, Database files made 
       Reply  Thu Jul 18 19:58:56 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, Work on Acromag chassis IMG_7771.JPGIMG_7770.JPGIMG_7772.JPG
          Reply  Fri Jul 19 19:44:03 2019, gautam, Update, CDS, Database file test Whitening.png
Message ID: 14848     Entry time: Fri Aug 16 16:40:04 2019     In reply to: 14841     Reply to this: 14849
Author: gautam 
Type: Update 
Category: CDS 
Subject: 1Y3 work 

[chub, gautam]

Installation: The following equipment were installed in 1Y3, see Attachment #1:

  1. Supermicro server, which is the new c1iscaux machine, with IP Address 192.168.113.83.
  2. 6U Acromag chassis which contains all the ADCs, DACs and BIO units.
  3. 2 Sorensen DC power supplies to provide +24 V DC and +15 V DC to the Acromags.
  4. Fusable DIN rail power blocks were installed on the North side of the 1Y3 rack - I placed 2 banks of 5 connectors each for +15 V DC and +24 V DC.

Removal: The following equipment was removed from 1Y3:

  1. VME crates that were the old c1iscaux and c1iscaux2 machines.
  2. Spare VME crate that used to be c1susaux, which Chub and I brought over to 1Y3 in an attempt to revive the broken c1iscaux2.
  3. Approximately 30 twisted ribbon cables that were going to the cross connects. For now, we have not done a full cleanup and they are just piled along the east arm (see Attachment #2), beware if you are walking there!

Software: 

  1. I connected the c1iscaux machine to the martian network.
  2. Then I edited the relevant files on chiara to free up the IP addresses previously used by c1iscaux (192.168.113.81) and c1iscaux2 (192.168.113.82), and re-assigned the IP address used for c1iscaux to be 192.168.113.83.
  3. I also changed the hostname of the c1iscaux machine (it was temporarily called c1iscaux3 to allow bench testing).
  4. I moved the old /cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1iscaux and /cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1iscaux2 directories to /cvs/cds/caltech/target/preAcromag_oldVME/c1iscaux and /cvs/cds/caltech/target/preAcromag_oldVME/c1iscaux2 respectively.
  5. I moved the temporarily named /cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1iscaux3 directory, from which I was running all the tests, to /cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1iscaux.
  6. I edited all references to c1iscaux3 in the systemd files so that we can run the approriate systemd services.

Next steps: 

  1. We did not get around to running the DB37 cables between the Acromag chassis and the 1Y2 Eurocrates today - this operation itself took the whole day as we also needed to lay out some support struts etc on the rack to support the Sorensens and the Acromag chassis.
  2. Once the Acromags are connected to the Eurocrates, we have to run in-situ tests to make sure the appropriate functionality has been restored.
  3. We must have bumped something in the c1lsc expansion chassis - the CDS FE overview screen is reporting some errors (see Attachment #3). I will fix this.
  4. General tidiness, strain-relief etc.
Quote:

I judge that we are good to go ahead with an install tomorrow.

Attachment 1: newLook1Y3.JPG  1.560 MB  Uploaded Fri Aug 16 17:41:32 2019  | Hide | Hide all
newLook1Y3.JPG
Attachment 2: IMG_7803.JPG  1.410 MB  Uploaded Fri Aug 16 17:55:40 2019  | Hide | Hide all
IMG_7803.JPG
Attachment 3: c1lsc_crashed.png  23 kB  Uploaded Fri Aug 16 17:56:41 2019  | Hide | Hide all
c1lsc_crashed.png
ELOG V3.1.3-