Just finished a raw version of the autolocker!! Tested it once and was able to achieve lock! This is a python version of the code at /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/scripts/PSL/PMC/AutoLock.sh.
The current code lives in my users directory. Gautam asked me to put the completed autolocker at /opt/rtcds/caltech/c1/scripts/PSL/PMC/ and that I needn't necessarily put it on git. However, I had previously added it to my Non-linear control repo. Not sure if I should take it off? The current script still lacks some checks like those that enable it to stop after a certain time of attempting to lock or those that handle interrupt signals. Will do that in some time.
P.S. As Koji says, Victory! :-P
P.P.S. Rana pointed out that this is not the objective and what we actually wanna do is run a search over the parameter space of the locking process. I will document my ideas about this process as soon as I do a little more reading. He also said that it would not do to have command line arguments as the main source from which parameters are procured and that .yml files ought to be used instead. I will make that change asap.
I've begun working on this. Steps to complete:
As Rana asked me to in the last meeting, I dug through the elogs to determine what had become of the previous autolockers. I stumbled upon this elog by Rana from before Gautam cleaned up the medm screen. Out of curiosity, I ran the autolocker script using the instructions in Rana's elog. I did this a total of 5 times and could lock the PMC 3 times fairly quickly. I attempted to decipher the details of the code but did not make much headway owing to my unfamiliarity with the language. From what I could make out from the medm screen while the autolocker was running, it appeared to be the same method as that in this elog. I will take a look at it again tomorrow. However, I intend to spend most of tomorrow working on preprocessing the data, developing the CNN script and then the simulation.