40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Mon Mar 25 10:21:05 2019, Jon, Update, Upgrade, c1susaux upgrade plan IMG_3136.jpgIMG_3138.jpgIMG_3137.jpg
    Reply  Tue Mar 26 04:25:13 2019, Johannes, Update, Upgrade, c1susaux upgrade plan 
Message ID: 14496     Entry time: Tue Mar 26 04:25:13 2019     In reply to: 14495
Author: Johannes 
Type: Update 
Category: Upgrade 
Subject: c1susaux upgrade plan 
Quote:

Main TODO items

  • Debug issue with Acromag DC power wiring
  • Complete wiring from chassis feedthroughs to Acromag terminals, following this wiring diagram
  • Check/set the configuration of each Acromag unit using the software on the Windows laptop
  • Set the analog channel calibrations in the EPICS database file
  • Test each channel ex situ. Chub and I discussed an idea to use two DB-37F breakout boards, with the wiring between the board terminals manually set. One DAC channel would be calibrated and driven to test other ADC channels. A similar approach could be used for the digital input/output channels.

Just a few remarks, since I heard from Gautam that c1susaux is next in line for upgrade.

All units have already been configured with IP addresses and settings following the scheme explained on the slow controls wiki page. I did this while powering the units in the chassis, so I'm not sure where the short is coming from. Is the power supply maybe not sourcing enough current? Powering all units at the same time takes significant current, something like >1.5 Amps if I remember correctly. These are the IPs I assigned before I left:

Acromag Unit IP Address
C1SUSAUX_ADC00 192.168.115.20
C1SUSAUX_ADC01 192.168.115.21
C1SUSAUX_ADC02 192.168.115.22
C1SUSAUX_ADC03 192.168.115.23
C1SUSAUX_ADC04 192.168.115.24
C1SUSAUX_ADC05 192.168.115.25
C1SUSAUX_ADC06 192.168.115.26
C1SUSAUX_ADC07 192.168.115.27
C1SUSAUX_ADC08 192.168.115.28
C1SUSAUX_ADC09 192.168.115.29
C1SUSAUX_DAC00 192.168.115.40
C1SUSAUX_DAC01 192.168.115.41
C1SUSAUX_DAC02 192.168.115.42
C1SUSAUX_DAC03 192.168.115.43
C1SUSAUX_BIO00 192.168.115.60
C1SUSAUX_BIO01 192.168.115.61
C1SUSAUX_BIO02 192.168.115.62

I used black/white twisted-pair wires for A/D, red/white for D/A, and green/white for BIO channels. I found it easiest to remove the blue terminal blocks from the Acromag units for doing the majority of the wiring, but wasn't able to finish it. I had also done the analog channel calibrations using the windows untility using multimeters and one of the precision voltage sources I had brought over from the Bridge labs, but it's probably a good idea to check it and correct if necessary. I also recommend to check that the existing wiring particularly for MC1 and MC2 is correct, as I had swapped their order in the channel assignment in the past.

While looking through the database files I noticed two glaring mistakes which I fixed:

  1. The definition of C1SUSAUX_BIO2 was missing in /cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1susaux2/C1SUSAUX.cmd. I added it after the assignments for C1SUSAUX_BIO1
  2. Due to copy/paste the database files /cvs/cds/caltech/target/c1susaux2/C1_SUS-AUX_<OPTIC>.db files were still pointing to C1AUXEX. I overwrote all instances of this in all database files with C1SUSAUX.

 

ELOG V3.1.3-