40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Sat Mar 7 16:50:25 2009, Yoichi, Update, Computers, Not even data retrieval working 
    Reply  Sun Mar 8 23:09:26 2009, rana, Update, Computers, Not even data retrieval working 
       Reply  Mon Mar 9 11:09:33 2009, Alberto, Update, Computers, Re: Not even data retrieval working 
Message ID: 1373     Entry time: Mon Mar 9 11:09:33 2009     In reply to: 1370
Author: Alberto 
Type: Update 
Category: Computers 
Subject: Re: Not even data retrieval working 

Quote:
Although getting the regular DAQ data works, we can't get any testpoints.

I tried restarting tpman several times; there's no inittab on fb40m for this so we should get Alex to set one up when he comes.
I also tried various power cycles and reboots: daqawg, daqctrl, etc. I also notice that Osamu's setup of new stuff is connected to
the same rack and power strips as all of our sensitive DAQ machines. We should find out if there was any hardware installed in the
last couple days; it would be easy to accidentally unplug or damage on of our fibers.

I moved the old tpman.log over to tpman.log.090308. It starts out with a header and then just lists when each TP is requested.

When restarting tpman it puts the following into the terminal:
fb:controls>./tpman &
[1] 1037
fb:controls>VMIC RFM 5565 (0) found, mapped at 0x2868c90
VMIC RFM 5579 (1) found, mapped at 0x2868c90
Could not open 5565 reflective memory in /dev/daqd-rfm1
16 kHz system
Spawn testpoint manager
Channel list length for node 0 is 4168
Test point manager (31001001 / 1): node 0
which is OK?; its the same startup outputs that are in the old log file. It would be nice if there was not and error message about the RFM.
Requesting new testpoints via tdsdata, dtt, or the diag command line doesn't seem to work. tpman doesn't spit anything out although 'tp show 0'
does show that the TP is selected.

Once Alex fixes the 'tpman' issue, we should make sure to put an inittab or startup script in there so that tpman writes a log
file and also archives its old log files upon a restart.


Alex fixed the problem. It was caused by the awgtpman running on kami1.martian which conflicted with the tpman in fb0.

Killing awgtpman on kami1 allowed for the tpman on tp0 to work properly again.

If more test points are needed, Alex suggested to tune the GDS settings accordingly.
What this actually means, I still have to understand it.
ELOG V3.1.3-