I've been making NBs on my laptop, thought I would get the copy under version control up-to-date since I've been negligent in doing so.
The code resides in /ligo/svncommon/NoiseBudget, which as a whole is a git directory. For neatness, most of Evan's original code has been put into the sub-directory /ligo/svncommon/NoiseBudget/H1NB/, while my 40m NB specific adaptations of them are in the sub-directory /ligo/svncommon/NoiseBudget/NB40. So to make a 40m noise budget, you would have to clone and edit the parameter file accordingly, and run python C1NB.py C1NB_2017_04_30.py for example. I've tested that it works in its current form. I had to install a font package in order to make the code run (with sudo apt-get install tex-gyre ), and also had to comment out calls to GwPy (it kept throwing up an error related to the package "lal", I opted against trying to debug this problem as I am using nds2 instead of GwPy to get the time series data anyways).
There are a few things I'd like to implement in the NB like sub-budgets, I will make a tagged commit once it is in a slightly neater state. But the existing infrastructure should allow making of NBs from the control room workstations now.
We spent some time trying to get the noise-budgeting code running today. I guess eventually we want this to be usable on the workstations so we cloned the git repo into /ligo/svncommon. The main objective was to see if we had all the dependencies for getting this code running already installed. The way Evan has set the code up is with a bunch of dictionaries for each of the noise curves we are interested in - so we just commented out everything that required real IFO data. We also commented out all the gwpy stuff, since (if I remember right) we want to be using nds2 to get the data.
Running the code with just the gwinc curves produces the plots it is supposed to, so it looks like we have all the dependencies required. It now remains to integrate actual IFO data, I will try and set up the infrastructure for this using the archived frame data from the 2016 DRFPMI locks..