40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Tue Sep 22 17:30:55 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, attempts at getting new fb working 
    Reply  Wed Sep 30 13:59:49 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, attempts at getting new fb working 
       Reply  Thu Oct 1 20:26:21 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, Swapping between fb and fb1 
    Reply  Thu Oct 1 19:49:52 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, more failed attempts at getting new fb working 
       Reply  Thu Oct 1 20:24:02 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, more failed attempts at getting new fb working 
       Reply  Sun Oct 4 14:28:03 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, more failed attempts at getting new fb working 
Message ID: 11664     Entry time: Sun Oct 4 14:28:03 2015     In reply to: 11655
Author: jamie 
Type: Update 
Category: DAQ 
Subject: more failed attempts at getting new fb working 

I tried to look at fb1 again today, but still haven't made any progress.

The one thing I did notice, though, is that every hour on the hour the fb1 daqd process dies in an identical manor to how the fb daqd dies, with these:

[Sun Oct  4 12:02:56 2015] main profiler warning: 0 empty blocks in the buffer

errors right as/after it tries to write out the minute trend frames.

This makes me think that this new hardware isn't actually going to fix the problem we've been seeing with the fb daqd, even if we do get daqd "working" on fb1 as well as it's currently working on fb.

ELOG V3.1.3-