40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Entry  Tue Sep 22 17:30:55 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, attempts at getting new fb working 
    Reply  Wed Sep 30 13:59:49 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, attempts at getting new fb working 
       Reply  Thu Oct 1 20:26:21 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, Swapping between fb and fb1 
    Reply  Thu Oct 1 19:49:52 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, more failed attempts at getting new fb working 
       Reply  Thu Oct 1 20:24:02 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, more failed attempts at getting new fb working 
       Reply  Sun Oct 4 14:28:03 2015, jamie, Update, DAQ, more failed attempts at getting new fb working 
Message ID: 11653     Entry time: Wed Sep 30 13:59:49 2015     In reply to: 11636     Reply to this: 11657
Author: jamie 
Type: Update 
Category: DAQ 
Subject: attempts at getting new fb working 

I got Steve to get us a new Myrinet fiber network adapter card for fb1:

  • Myrinet 10G-PCIE-8B-S

I just finished installing the card in fb1, and it came up fine.  We happened to have a spare fiber, and a spare fiber jack in the DAQ switch, so I went ahead and plugged it in in parallel to the old fb:

controls@fb1:~/rtbuild/trunk 130$ /opt/mx/bin/mx_info
MX Version: 1.2.16
MX Build: controls@fb1:/opt/src/mx-1.2.16 Fri Sep 18 18:32:59 PDT 2015
1 Myrinet board installed.
The MX driver is configured to support a maximum of:
    8 endpoints per NIC, 1024 NICs on the network, 32 NICs per host
===================================================================
Instance #0:  364.4 MHz LANai, PCI-E x8, 2 MB SRAM, on NUMA node 0
    Status:         Running, P0: Link Up
    Network:        Ethernet 10G

    MAC Address:    00:60:dd:43:74:62
    Product code:   10G-PCIE-8B-S
    Part number:    09-04228
    Serial number:  485052
    Mapper:         00:60:dd:46:ea:ec, version = 0x00000000, configured
    Mapped hosts:   7

                                                        ROUTE COUNT
INDEX    MAC ADDRESS     HOST NAME                        P0
-----    -----------     ---------                        ---
   0) 00:60:dd:43:74:62 fb1:0                             1,0
   1) 00:25:90:0d:75:bb c1sus:0                           1,0
   2) 00:30:48:be:11:5d c1iscex:0                         1,0
   3) 00:30:48:d6:11:17 c1iscey:0                         1,0
   4) 00:30:48:bf:69:4f c1lsc:0                           1,0
   5) 00:14:4f:40:64:25 c1ioo:0                           1,0
   6) 00:60:dd:46:ea:ec fb:0                              1,0

We can now work on fb1 while fb continues to run and collect data from the front ends.

I'm still not getting the mx_stream connections to the new fb1 daq to work.  I'm leaving everything running as is on fb for the moment.

ELOG V3.1.3-