Eric pointed out that the 1x2 couplers that were used in the previous arrangement and which I recycled, were in fact NOT appropriate - they are not 50-50 couplers but 90-10 couplers, which explains the measured power levels I quoted here.
I switched out these for a pair of the newly arrived 2x2 couplers, and have also replaced the datasheets on the inside of the top cover. I then redid the power level measurements, and got some sensible values this time (see Attachment #1 for revised layout and measured power levels, numbers in red are powers for PSL light, numbers in green are for AUX laser light, and all numbers are in mW). I did find that the 90-10 splitter in the PSL+Y path was not working (though the one in the PSL+X path seems to be working fine), and hence, have not quoted power levels at the output of these splitters. For now, I guess we can bypass the splitters and take the PSL+AUX light from the 2x2 couplers directly to the PDs.