Brief update about the fb replacement status.
The new hardware for fb is in the rack, temporarily sitting on top of megatron, and on the CDS network with the name 'fb1'. I've installed an OS on it and have re-built daqd.
Earlier this week I swapped it into the network and tried to get it to acquire data from the front ends. I was ultimately unsuccessfully. The problem seemed to be the mx_stream communication from the front ends to the new host.
The swap is sort of a pain because we only have one Myrinet fiber network adapter card that has to be moved between machines, which of course requires shutting down both machines and opening up their chassis. I instructed Steve to order us a new Myrinet card for the new machine, which will allow us to swap daqd machines by just moving the fiber connection. Once that's in place (early next week) I'll go back to trying to figure out what the issue is with the mx_streams.
If all else fails I'll take the repulsive last resort of either swapping or cloning the disk from the old fb.