Last night we finally got some online subtraction going. The filter used is described in the post this eLOG is @eLOG 11488.
The results were as follow:
The filter worked as expected when subtracting noise out of MCL,
There is about a factor of 6 subtraction at the ~3Hz resonant peak. The static IIR filter predicted a factor of 6-7 subtraction of this peak as well.
The 1.2 Hz resenonant feature improved by a factor of 3. This should improve quite drastically when I implement the y-channel of the T240 seismo.
There is some high frequency noise being injected, not very noticeable, but present.
We then took a look at the power in the MC when the filter was on,
The power being transmitted in the cavity was not as stable as with the feedforward on. We believe that the filter is not at fault for this as Eric mentioned to me that the MC2 actuator lacked some sort of compensation that I need to understand a bit better.
YARM was then locked when the filter was on and we took a look at how it was doing. There was stationary sound arising from the locking of the YARM, leading us to believe that the filter might have injected some noise in the signal. IT DID.
The filter injected nasty high frequency noise at YARM from 11 Hz and on. This is to be expected since the filter did not roll off to zero at high frequencies. Implementing a 1/f rolloff should mitigate some of the injected noise.
Also, as one can see above, subtraction by around a factor of 2 or so, was induced by the mode cleaner feedforward subtraction.