40m QIL Cryo_Lab CTN SUS_Lab TCS_Lab OMC_Lab CRIME_Lab FEA ENG_Labs OptContFac Mariner WBEEShop
  40m Log  Not logged in ELOG logo
Message ID: 10676     Entry time: Thu Nov 6 03:29:00 2014
Author: diego 
Type: Update 
Category: LSC 
Subject: IR Resonance Script Status 

EDIT on X arm: I found different settings in C1SUS_ITMX, with respect to ETMX, ITMY and ETMY (namely LSC/DAMP is OFF and LSC/BIAS is ON); I don't know if this is intended or for some reason ITMX was not recovered properly after the lock loss, so I didn't change anything, but it may be worth looking into that.

 

Still no luck in recovering the X arm, I am giving up for tonight; honestly I didn't try many things, as I don't know well the system and didn't want to mess things up.

 

Preliminary results so far:

I confirm that the best settings for the ramp of the ALS scan are 20s and 500 points; this causes however the script to be fairly slow (80s for the scan/data collection, 7s for the coarse peak finding, 17s for the fine peak finding, total ~2 min); in the best cases the TR*_OUT obtained is around 0.90, as shown in the first plot (early in the evening, all the following plots are in chronological order, if that can help finding the reason for the X arm misbehaviour...):

AllPython_findIRresonance_WL_ramp_20_500_0.png

 

However, after a few minutes somehow the TR*_OUT went down a bit, without any kind of intervention; also, it is visible the instability of the X arm:

AllPython_findIRresonance_WL_ramp_20_500_0_1.png

 

Even when X arm was somewhat stable, its performance and robustness were (far) worse than the Y arm ones:

AllPython_findIRresonance_WL_ramp_20_500_6.png

The following plot shows (about the Y arm only) that there is still some margin, as the maximum value of TRY_OUT is not completely kept at the end of the procedure:

AllPython_findIRresonance_WL_ramp_20_500_7_Y_rise.png

 

Finally the last plot I managed to obtain, before the X arm went completely crazy...

AllPython_findIRresonance_WL_ramp_20_500_9.png

 

The next step, after obviously figuring out the X arm situation, is to try some averaging during the fine scan, I don' t know if this will improve the situation, however it shouldn't impact on the execution time. Tomorrow I'll post something more detailed on the script itself and the wavelet implementation.

ELOG V3.1.3-