We spent the afternoon working on the new scan for IR resonance script. It is getting much closer, although we need to work on a plan for the fine scanning at the end - so far, the result from the wavelet thing mis-estimates the true peak phase, and so if we jump to where it recommends, we are only at about half of the arm resonance. So, in progress, but moving forward.
Tonight we repeated the process of reducing the CARM offset and measuring the DARM loop gain as we went. I'm not sure if I just had the wrong numbers yesterday, or if the gains are changing day-by-day. The gains that it wanted at given arm buildups were constant throughout this evening, but they are about a factor of 2 higher than yesterday. If they really do change, we may need to implement a UGF servo for DARM. New gains are in the carm_cm_up script.
We also actually saved our DARM loop measurements as a function of CARM offset (as indicated by arm buildups). The loop stays the same through arm powers of 4. However, once we get to arm powers of 6, the magnitude around 100 Hz starts to flatten out, and we get some weird features in the phase. It's almost like the phase bubble has a peak growing out of it. I saw these yesterday, and they just keep getting more pronounced as we go up to arm powers of 7, 8 and 9 (where we lost lock during the measurement). The very last point in the power=9 trace was just before/during the lockloss, so I don't know if we trust it, or if it is real and telling us something important. But, I think that it's time to see about getting both CARM and DARM onto a different set of error signals now that we're at about 100pm.